Welcome to the ASAS Creative Easel Art League and Exhibition
We are profoundly grateful to the following experts for their kind assistance in serving on the judges’ panel from time to time making the league a lot more exciting to be in
Shelina Khimji | Sakshi Singhal | Millan Vittoria
Jump to this page if you want to view the welcome poster for this event. The poster will give you prerequisite information about what this contest is all about
Let’s start with the rules.
Official Contest Rules
When submitting artwork for contest consideration, you agree to abide by the following rules.
- No entry fees, simply register
- Any disputes arising under the terms and conditions of this contest will be governed by the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania
- No age barrier except 12 years or older at the time of submitting the entry
- No entry fees, simply register
Contest Entry Guidelines
- No Copyright Infringement
- All work must be released for individual usage or purpose usage grants.
- All entries must contain copyright-free art or art released for entrants and public use.
- No unauthorized use of any copyrighted images, text, or other material will be accepted.
- There is no limitation on canvas size.
- You must register every month using this form
- Quarterly exhibitions will be put up at TasteMe where entrants will be required to ready their art pieces and price them as well, reasonably.
- 30% of all proceeds will go towards funding Uhuru Walk learning programs while the other half will be for the artist to collect.
- Use of canvas with either acrylic, oils, oil pastels, water-based oils, mixed media, or charcoals as long as the final artwork is a painting and not only a sketch or drawing.
This part stipulates general guidelines for what our judge’s panel is looking for when deciding to approve your artwork and its award merits.
Prior to submitting your entry for judging, please carefully read through the following guidelines.
- Content should fit the category of the month. Where no theme has been provided, entrants will be free to use their own imagination
- Content should be appropriate for public use. It is incumbent that entrants stick to the sizes provided in readiness for the quarterly exhibition at TasteMe Desserts & Cafe in Upanga
- The content/design should be unique and interesting to a wide audience.
- The design should incorporate any of the following associated brands – SokoniAdvertiser, SK’s Art, ASAS Dairies, or TasteMe Desserts & Cafe
- Avoid designs with personalized images and names of family, friends, or other organizations. (Remember that your design needs to relate to a broad user base.)
- The layout should be clean and communicate clearly your message.
- The design must utilize the front, spine, and back of the binder or canvas
Judging Criteria based on the Likert Scale (rated between 1 and 10)
1 = Entry level 2 = Very weak 3 = Weak 4 = Below average 5 = Average 6 = Above Average 7 = Good 8 = Very Good 9 = Excellent 10 = Outstanding
1. Technique and Skill
2. Originality in the use of media
3. Interpretation of subject matter
5. Use of Art Elements – line, colour, texture, value, shape, space, and form
6. Use of Art Principles – contrast, movement, unity, rhythm, emphasis, balance, pattern
Total achievable points 60
(click the theme links to see view the poster)
Lap 1 – Free (Entries closed)
Lap 2 – A snowy Christmas (Entries closed)
Lap 3 – Popcorns (Entries closed)
Lap 4 – What does the Earth mean to me (Entries closed)
Lap 5 – Everyday Heroes (deadline 15th December 2022)
NEWS & RESULTS
Full results below:
|2||Firdous Hanif Sidik||56|
|3||Dyana N Solanki||55.5|
|4||Thurayya Samir Saleh||55.5|
|9||Deep Kaur Ruprai||50|
|11||Rashee Dhiren Solanki||45|
|12||Rihan A Issa||43.5|
|14||Pari Purshotam Raghwani||41.5|
|16||Zahra Hassan Nasser||38.5|
|17||Yarah Mohamed Basma||37|
|24||Lulu Adam Nyaonge||31|
|51||Michael Allan Luhanga||22|