Virtual Free Intro to Coding Workshop
August 30 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm EATFree
Are you curious about coding? Have you heard jobs in the tech industry are growing & you want in? Join us for this hands-on workshop!
About this event
At Grand Circus, we believe anyone can be a developer; you too can learn to code and launch a career in technology.
This FREE Intro to Coding Workshop is open to everyone and is designed for those who are curious about coding, but who have very little or no coding experience. Never seen a line of code before? No problem! Basic computer knowledge is required–that’s it.
During this remote intro to coding workshop, students will be coding right along with their instructors; it is very hands-on. You will be working within a code editing website (repl.it) while you’re video chatting and learning with the instructor in Zoom.
What do you need for this class?
- A computer with Google Chrome downloaded on it
- A free repl.it account (set this up before class, it takes a little time)
- A free zoom.us account
- A willingness to learn something new
Who should take this class?
- Anyone interested in attending a Grand Circus Bootcamp
- Anyone interested in writing their first line of code
- Anyone brand new to coding or people who want to brush up on their skills
When is Intro to Coding offered?
- Tuesdays from 6 – 8 pm
- The first Saturday of each month from 9 – 11 am
Our workshops are taught by Grand Circus alumni who made the jump into a tech career. They are a wealth of knowledge about all things Grand Circus and the tech community – and they love to talk about both! Once you complete this workshop, you will have a solid understanding of the next steps to becoming a developer through attending a Grand Circus Bootcamp.
Looking to register for our other workshops? You can do so here.