Art Contest theme: Everyday Heroes
Welcome to Lap 5 of Season 1 of the ASAS Creative Easel Art League
The theme this month is: Everyday heroes
The deadline for submission is 15th December 2022
For rules, eligibility, and contest guidelines, please visit https://sokoniadvertiser.com/asas-creative-easel-art-league-exhibition/ or read below:
Official Art Show Rules
When submitting artwork for contest consideration, you agree to abide by the following rules.
- No entry fees, simply register
- Any disputes arising under the terms and conditions of this contest will be governed by the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania
- No age barrier except 12 years or older at the time of submitting the entry
- No entry fees, simply register
Contest Entry Guidelines
- No Copyright Infringement
- All work must be released for individual usage or purpose usage grants.
- All entries must contain copyright-free art or art released for entrants and public use.
- No unauthorized use of any copyrighted images, text, or other material will be accepted.
- There is no limitation on canvas size.
- You must register every month using this form
- Quarterly exhibitions will be put up at TasteMe where entrants will be required to read their art pieces and price them as well, reasonably.
- 30% of all proceeds will go towards funding Uhuru Walk learning programs while the other half will be for the artist to collect.
- Use of canvas with either acrylic, oils, oil pastels, water-based oils, mixed media, or charcoals as long as the final artwork is a painting and not only a sketch or drawing.
Guidelines & Judging Criteria
This part stipulates general guidelines for what our judge’s panel is looking for when deciding to approve your artwork and its award merits.
Prior to submitting your entry for judging, please carefully read through the following guidelines.
Tiers by Age
- Tier 1 – Ages 6-9
- Tier 2 Ages 10-12
- Tier 3 Ages 13 and over
Below are the current league standings
- Content should fit the category of the month. Where no theme has been provided, entrants will be free to use their own imagination
- Content should be appropriate for public use. It is incumbent that entrants stick to the sizes provided in readiness for the quarterly exhibition at TasteMe Desserts & Cafe in Upanga
- The content/design should be unique and interesting to a wide audience.
- The design should incorporate any of the following associated brands – SokoniAdvertiser, SK’s Art, ASAS Dairies, or TasteMe Desserts & Cafe
- Avoid designs with personalized images and names of family, friends, or other organizations. (Remember that your design needs to relate to a broad user base.)
- The layout should be clean and communicate clearly your message.
- The design must utilize the front, spine, and back of the binder or canvas
1. Originality -10
2. Creativity -10
3. Design and technique -10
4. Quality of artistic compositions -5
5. Use of colours -5
6. Overall impression and design based on theme -10
Total points 50
Enjoy flipping through a crisp clear advertising publication featuring offers and promotions from leading outlets in Dar es Salaam and Arusha in this exciting monthly online publication.
Access content from anywhere and on any device accommodating responsive display for your convenience. Flip pages with your finger or mouse like you would a real hard copy edition.
(see poster for details)